Dog Bites & Animal Attacks
When you or your child suffers a dog bite, you may not think it is a big enough issue to cause problems with the dog owner, but you do have rights. Your dog bite injury lawyer can explain your rights to you. Your Salt Lake dog bite attorney will explain that in the United States, the rate of dog bite injuries and their costs are on the rise.
The cost of treating these injuries is, on average, over $25,000. Dog bites account for over one-third of all U.S. homeowner’s insurance liability claims, costing nearly $500,000,000 annually. With injuries and deaths due to a dog bite you have rights if you or a loved one is a dog bite victim.
If you or a loved one is a dog bite victim, we can help. Your dog bite injury lawyer in Salt Lake City, Ogden, and Provo, Utah represents many dog bite injury victims every year and knows what it takes to make sure you get fair compensation from insurance companies. Be sure to take photos of the bite and of the animal that bit you before contacting any dog bite injury lawyer.
Ways to prevent being a dog bite victim:
• Do not leave young children around the animal alone.
• Do not go near a dog that is chained up.
• Try to put an item between you and the animal, so that the animal bites it first.
• Do not try to separate two fighting animals.
• Do not try to pet an animal in an empty vehicle.
• Do not walk too close to the animal’s yard without a fence.
• Do not go near animals you do not know.
• Do not bother the animals while they are eating.
• Ask the owner of the animal on the leash if the animal bites before running to touch it.
• Be careful around an animal that has just been purchased. The seller may not know the history of the animal.
Dog Breeds Attack with Higher Rates:
• Pit bull
• Bull Terrier
• Doberman Pinscher
• German Shepherd
• Great Dane
• Siberian Husky
Contact your Salt Lake dog bite attorney right now to discuss how we can help you get a fair compensation for your dog bite injury.